Technical assistance and capacity-building for Mali in the field of human rights
Human Rights Council
- This resolution strongly condemns human rights violations in Mali, but fails to name perpetrators making only general references to "all parties." Also, it contains only praise and encouragement for the government of Mali and Mali supported the resolution.
- Moreover, the resolution was adopted under Item 10, which concerns mere "technical assistance," signaling an uncritical approach.
- "Deeply concerned about the disruption of the constitutional order in Mali..."
- "Deeply concerned also about the ongoing deterioration of the security situation in Mali, mainly in the north and centre of the country, in particular the expansion of terrorist activities..."
- "Strongly condemns the violations and abuses of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law..."
- "Strongly condemns the attacks, including terrorist attacks, on civilians, representatives of local, regional and central institutions, the Malian defence and security forces, the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali and the French forces deployed in the framework of Operation Barkhane..."
- "Also strongly condemns the continuation of intercommunal violence in the centre and north of the country in the past year..."
- "Strongly condemns the summary executions of civilians, encourages the Malian transitional authorities to see through to completion the judicial investigations that have been opened and those that are forthcoming in order to bring to justice those responsible for these serious human rights violations..."
- "Decides to extend the mandate of the Independent Expert on the situation of human rights in Mali for a period of one year..."