Technical assistance and capacity-building for Mali in the field of human rights
Human Rights Council
- This resolution strongly condemns human rights violations in Mali but fails to name perpetrators, making only general references to "all parties." Also, it contains only praise and encouragement for the government of Mali.
- Moreover, the resolution was adopted under Item 10, which concerns mere "technical assistance," signaling an uncritical approach.
- "Strongly condemns the violations and abuses of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law, violations and abuses of children’s rights…"
- "Also strongly condemns human rights violations, which include violations and abuses of women’s rights, including sexual and gender-based violence…"
- "Strongly condemns the attacks, including terrorist attacks, on civilians, representatives of local, regional and central institutions, the Malian Defence and Security Forces and the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali…"
- "Also strongly condemns the attacks on the civilian population carried out in the context of intercommunal violence…"
- "Strongly condemns the summary executions of individuals, encourages the transitional authorities to see through to completion the judicial investigations that have been opened and those that are forthcoming in order to bring to justice those responsible for these serious human rights violations…"
- "Decides to extend the mandate of the Independent Expert on the situation of human rights in Mali for a period of one year…"