Situation of and assistance to Palestinian women
Commission on the Status of Women
- The resolution blames "Israeli occupation" for problems faced by Palestinian women, and does not account for any other factors, such as the Palestinian legal regime, or socio-cultural factors. Moreover, Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East where women enjoy full equality under the law. Although women in other countries, like Iran and Saudi Arabia, are subjected to institutionalized discrimination, such countries have never been the subject of critical resolutions by CSW.
Yes - 30, No - 4, Abstain - 11, Absent - 0
- "Expressing deep concern about the grave situation of Palestinian women in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, resulting from the severe impact of the ongoing illegal Israeli occupation and all of its manifestations."
- "Expressing grave concern about the increased difficulties being faced by Palestinian women and girls living under Israeli occupation..."
- "Condemning the military conflict in and around the Gaza Strip in July and August 2014 and the civilian casualties caused, including the killing and injury of thousands of Palestinian civilians..."
- "Reaffirms that the Israeli occupation remains the major obstacle for Palestinian women with regard to their advancement, self-reliance and integration in the development of their society..."
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- South Korea