Economic and social repercussions of the Israeli occupation on the living conditions of the Palestinian people in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and the Arab population in the occupied Syrian Golan
- Israel is the only country condemned by ECOSOC. This one-sided resolution contains eight pages of harsh criticisms against Israel for everything from imprisoning and killing Palestinians to restricting their movement and causing them environmental harm. Terrorism is mentioned only one time, in a general paragraph "calling for the cessation of all acts of violence..." which appears to be directed at both sides. Other than that, the Palestinians are not criticized or condemned. In fact they are "commended" for "efforts to improve the economic and social situation" and "to develop the institutions on an independent Palestinian State."
- The resolution contains no mention of Hamas at all. It does not reference the suicide bombings of the Second Intifada, the Hamas kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teens in June 2014 that preceded the summer 2014 Gaza conflict, or any of the other brutal murders of Israeli civilians by Palestinian terrorists.
- Furthermore, while incitement by "illegal armed Israeli settlers against Palestinian civilians" is specifically condemned, the resolution completely ignores the abundance of official government-sponsored antisemitism and incitement by the Palestinian Authority and Hamas.
Group of 77 and China
Yes - 47, No - 3, Abstain - 4
- "Expressing deep concern about the rising incidence of violence, harassment, provocation, vandalism and incitement in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, in particular by illegal armed Israeli settlers against Palestinian civilians..."
- "Expressing grave concern further about ongoing Israeli military operations and policies of closures and severe restrictions on the movement of persons and goods, the imposition of crossing closures, checkpoints and a permit regime throughout the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem..."
- "Deploring the conflict in and around the Gaza Strip in July and August 2014 and the civilian casualties caused, including the killing and injury of thousands of Palestinian civilians..."
- "Demands that Israel comply with the Protocol on Economic Relations between the Government of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization signed in Paris on 29 April 1994."
- "Also calls upon Israel, the occupying Power, to end immediately its exploitation of natural resources, including water and mining resources, and to cease the dumping of all kinds of waste materials in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem..."
- El Salvador
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- United States