UN Watch is a unique non-governmental organization that monitors the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter, protects universal human rights, and combats anti-Semitism and anti-Israel prejudice. UN Watch defends democracy dissidents and fights dictatorships and double standards.
UN Watch is seeking to recruit an ambitious, creative, experienced, dynamic, and highly-organized North American Director who will conceive and implement programming, advocacy and fundraising activities for UN Watch in the U.S. and Canada.
The North American Director will be based in a new UN Watch office established in New York, which will be the focus of activity. In addition, she or he would travel from time to time to several other areas in the U.S. and Canada.
The purpose of the position is to raise funds to support UN Watch’s vital mission, and to strengthen UN Watch’s programming and advocacy activities in New York and elsewhere in North America. The position would offer the opportunity to attend important UN debates and diplomatic events.
The North American Director will successfully grow fundraising initiatives in support of our multi-year strategic vision for growth and expansion. This full-time position will report directly to the Executive Director.
The job offers an exciting opportunity to create a new development plan to expand UN Watch’s current donor base, and to oversee its execution. The plan would establish a donor giving structure, outline donor engagement, outreach and retention events, and propose community outreach and awareness events, as well as educational foundation outreach and engagement.
• Minimum five years of fundraising experience
• A track record of success in financial resource development and fundraising
• Advocacy skills including superb writing and public speaking
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Experience with donor research and fundraising databases
• Creative self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication, strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented, ability and desire to set and reach ambitious goals
• Ability to respect and maintain donor confidentiality
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Send CV and cover letter, making sure to specify your fundraising experience, to jobs [at] unwatch.org