Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and in the occupied Syrian Golan
Human Rights Council
- The resolution harshly condemns all Israeli settlement activities and demands "Israel, the occupying Power," cease such activities.
- Furthermore, the resolution reiterates the call for discriminatory economic treatment of Israel on account of its settlement policies. The unbalanced text ignores Palestinian terrorism and other violations. It also contains false allegations designed to portray Israel as an inherently racist enterprise—an antisemitic charge reminiscent of the UNGA’s repealed Zionism is racism resolution. These false allegations include the claim that there is a "system of separate roads for the exclusive use of Israeli settlers" – bypass roads, a security measure against Palestinian terrorism, are open to all Israeli citizens regardless of race. Another false charge in the resolution concerns the “application of a two-tier legal system” – the legal regime in place in the West Bank complies with international law and was agreed to by the parties in the Oslo Accords. The resolution also falsely accuses Israel of “obstruction and destruction of humanitarian assistance,” when in fact it facilitates the provision of humanitarian assistance.
- Moreover, the resolution was adopted under Item 7, the discriminatory Agenda Item which singles out Israel for censure, signaling criticism of Israel.
Organization of Islamic Cooperation
Yes - 36, No - 3, Abstain - 8
- "Expressing grave concernat the continuing construction by Israel of the wall inside the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including in and around East Jerusalem, in violation of international law..."
- "Deploring in particular the construction and expansion of settlements by Israel in and around occupied East Jerusalem, including its so-called E-1 plan..."
- "Gravely concerned about all acts of terror, violence, destruction, harassment, provocation and incitement by extremist Israeli settlers and groups of armed settlers in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, against Palestinian civilians..."
- "Reaffirms that the Israeli settlements established since 1967 in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and in the occupied Syrian Golan are illegal under international law, and constitute a major obstacle to the achievement of the two-State solution..."
- "Demands that Israel, the occupying Power, immediately cease all settlement activities in all the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and in the occupied Syrian Golan..."
- "Condemns the continuing settlement and related activities by Israel, including the transfer of its nationals into the occupied territory, the construction and expansion of settlements, the expropriation and de facto annexationof land..."
- "Calls upon Israel, the occupying Power (a) To end without delay its occupation of the territories occupied since 1967... (b) To put an end to all of the human rights violations linked to the presence of settlements... (c) To take immediate measures to prohibit and eradicate all policies and practices that discriminate against and disproportionately affect the Palestinian population in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, by, inter alia, putting an end to the system of separate roads for the exclusive use of Israeli settlers, who reside illegally in the said territory... "
- Burkina Faso
- Ivory Coast
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- Marshall Islands
- United Kingdom