Human rights in the occupied Syrian Golan
Human Rights Council
- The resolution rejects Israel's annexation of the Golan as illegal and calls upon Israel to cease settlement activity on the Golan and not to infringe the rights of the Syrian residents of the Golan. Also, the resolution contains no praise, completely ignoring Israel's provision of medical assistance to Syrian citizens in urgent need of medical care not available in Syria.
- Moreover, the resolution was adopted under Item 7, the discriminatory Agenda Item which singles out Israel for censure, signaling criticism of Israel.
Organization of Islamic Cooperation except Albania and Cameroon
Yes - 29, No - 15, Abstain - 3, Absent - 0
- "Deeply concerned at the suffering of the Syrian citizens in the occupied Syrian Golan due to the systematic and continuous violation of their fundamental and human rights by Israel since the Israeli military occupation of 1967..."
- "Reaffirming once more the illegality of the decision by Israel of 14 December 1981 to impose its laws, jurisdiction and administration on the occupied Syrian Golan, which has resulted in the effective annexation of that territory."
- "Deplores the continuing settlement policies and practices in the occupied Syrian Golan..."
- "Calls upon Israel, the occupying Power, to cease changing the physical character, demographic composition, institutional structure and legal status of the occupied Syrian Golan..."
- "Also calls upon Israel to desist from imposing Israeli citizenship and Israeli identity cards on the Syrian citizens in the occupied Syrian Golan..."
- "Demands that Israel stop its repressive measures against the Syrian citizens in the occupied Syrian Golan, and release immediately the Syrian detainees in Israeli prisons."
- "Determines that all legislative and administrative measures and actions taken or to be taken by Israel, the occupying Power, including the Knesset’s decision of 22 November 2010 to hold a referendum before any withdrawal from the occupied Syrian Golan and East Jerusalem, that seek to alter the character and legal status of the occupied Syrian Golan are null and void, constitute a flagrant violation of international law and of the Fourth Geneva Convention, and have no legal effect."
- "Deplores the practices of the Israeli occupation authorities affecting the human rights of the Syrian citizens in the occupied Syrian Golan, including the confiscation of private properties of Syrians by imposing so-called “Israeli documents” on them..."
- Ivory Coast
- United Arab Emirates
- Marshall Islands
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States