Trending UN Watch tweets from June: Palestinians reject Israeli vaccines, other countries want them; Refugee Day marked without Jewish refugees from Arab lands; Iran’s president-elect has brutal history; Saudi blogger jailed for nine years; Israel’s new coalition government includes Arab party; Nigeria bans Twitter; UNRWA discovers terror tunnel under Gaza school.
Thank you, China, for your wokeness on Canada’s systemic racism. Now release the 1 million Uighur Muslims you’ve herded into camps. https://t.co/KYvY3BMN3r
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 24, 2021
LGBT+ Group Attacks Israel
"Queers for Palestine" — if you know anything about life under Hamas and the Palestinian Authority — is like "Chickens for KFC." pic.twitter.com/KWISmPt3s5
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 22, 2021
Palestinians Reject Israeli Vaccines; Other Countries Want Them
Under pressure from Hamas, the Palestinian Authority is rejecting 1.4 million Pfizer vaccine doses offered by Israel, saying they don't "meet our standards." But they're the same vaccines given to Israelis.
Now three other countries are asking for them.https://t.co/noRQyeEPEP
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 20, 2021
Disproportionate: Palestinians fired 4,360 rockets at Israeli civilians last month, now Israel is giving them 1.2 million Pfizer vaccine doses. https://t.co/Ff0JXRVAvq
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 18, 2021
Refugee Day Marked Without Jewish Refugees From Arab Lands
On #WorldRefugeeDay, we ask: How come the 850,000 Jewish refugees from the Arab world after 1948 were all successfully resettled in Israel and other countries—with 0 refugees left today—yet @UNRWA has multiplied the number of Palestinian refugees from 700,000 to 5 million? pic.twitter.com/651bwvhjoQ
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 20, 2021
UN Human Rights Council Opens
Tomorrow the U.N. Human Rights Council opens a 3-week session with an agenda item on only one nation: 🇮🇱 Israel.
There is no agenda item on:
🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 20, 2021
Iran’s President-Elect Has Brutal History
Meet Ebrahim Raisi.
He was part of the Iranian regime's notorious death commission in 1988 that ordered the mass execution of 5,000 political prisoners.
He should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity.
Instead, he was just named the next President of Iran. pic.twitter.com/KDHr67yNLG
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 19, 2021
Saudi Blogger Held for Nine Years
🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia has now jailed Raif Badawi for 9 years.
His only crime: peacefully advocating a free society for Saudi Arabia—which Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman says he supports.
Retweet this if you support Raif, his wife Ensaf and their children Najwa, Terad and Miriyam. pic.twitter.com/XVRHAtQ1dn
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 17, 2021
Israel’s New Coalition Government Includes Arab Party
PREDICTION: Now that Israel has the most diverse government in its history—an Arab Islamic party playing key role, an openly gay minister, most female ministers ever (9, including 3 in security cabinet)—the U.N. this year will condemn Israel 17 times more than Iran & North Korea.
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 13, 2021
.@AOC, democracies where elected Islamic Arab parties form governments with their Jewish peers are not ‘apartheid’ states.
It’s not too late for you to apologize for using your platform to falsely demonize the Jewish state as Jews were violently assaulted from New York to LA. https://t.co/GUwHjFhKRN pic.twitter.com/pYusBE0TDx
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 2, 2021
Nigeria Bans Twitter
🇳🇬 Nigeria bans Twitter and threatens to arrest people for logging on.
🇳🇬 Nigeria sits on the U.N. committee that oversees human rights NGOs. https://t.co/c61XgKC12M
— UN Watch (@UNWatch) June 11, 2021
Canadian Muslim Family Murdered in Hate Crime
Police say a 20-year-old man in London, Ontario deliberately struck down 5 members of a Muslim family with his truck in a hate-motivated act of mass murder.
They had been out for an evening walk, and were waiting to cross the street.
UN Watch condemns this act of hate & terror. pic.twitter.com/fjOtOgNUos
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 8, 2021
UNRWA Discovers Terror Tunnel Under Gaza School
UNRWA found a Hamas tunnel dug 7 meters below its Zaitoun Prep A Boys School in Gaza.
"UNRWA condemns the existence & potential use by Palestinian armed groups of such tunnels underneath its schools in the strongest possible terms. It is unacceptable thathttps://t.co/jVsrDWNRe0 pic.twitter.com/oxAqp0VCdt
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 6, 2021
UN General Assembly Targets Israel
Israel has 0.11% of the world's population, and 73.91% of the United Nations General Assembly condemnations last year.
🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia 0
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe 0
🇻🇪 Venezuela 0
🇵🇰 Pakistan 0
🇩🇿 Algeria 0
🏴☠️ Hamas 0
🇹🇷 Turkey 0
🇷🇺 Russia 0
🇪🇬 Egypt 0
🇨🇳 China 0
🇶🇦 Qatar 0
🇨🇺 Cuba 0
— Hillel Neuer (@HillelNeuer) June 3, 2021
Liking, retweeting, following: UN Watch tweets were liked and shared by thousands around the world, including by opinion leaders and celebrities such as:
- Venezuelan diplomat & former UN Security Council President Diego Arria, former Bolivian president Tuto Quiroga
- Iranian women’s rights activist Masih Alinejad, Iranian human rights activist Ahmad Batebi, international human rights lawyer Jared Genser, Uighur American activist Rushan Abbas, Uighur rights advocate Nury Turkel, human rights defender & Uighur attorney Rayhan Asat, Hong Kong political activist Finn Lau, Zimbabwean pro-democracy activist Pastor Evan Mawarire, Tanzanian rights activist Maria Sarungi Tsehai, Saudi dissidents Raif Badawi & Ensaf Haidar, Nicaraguan political activist Félix Maradiaga, Israeli activist Hen Mazzig
- U.S. congressman Tim Burchett
- Canadian senators Leo Housakos & Linda Frum, former Canadian immigration minister Chris Alexander, MP Peter Kent
- Israeli ambassador to the U.S. & UN Gilad Erdan, Israeli ambassador to the UN in Geneva Meirav Eilon Shahar, Israeli ambassador to the Netherlands Naor Gilon, Israeli ambassador to Belgium Emmanuel Nahshon, Israeli deputy national security advisor for foreign policy Reuven Azar, Israeli ambassador to Colombia Christian Cantor, Israeli ambassador to Chile Marina Rosenberg, Israeli ambassador to Slovenia Eyal Sela, Israeli ambassador to Azerbaijan George Deek
- Swiss MP Marianne Binder, Irish MP John Paul Phelan
- Indian information ministry senior advisor Kanchan Gupta
- International federation for liberal political parties Liberal International
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies president Clifford May, CEO Mark Dubowitz & senior vice president of research Jonathan Schanzer, AJC Transatlantic Institute director Daniel Schwammenthal, JINSA senior policy analyst Erielle Davidson, Executive Council of Australian Jewry co-CEO Alex Ryvchin
- U.S. actress Debra Messing, U.S. actor Elon Gold, U.S. actress and Fox Sports presenter Rebecca Grant, The Cure musician Robert Smith, Israeli actor Assaf Cohen, Irish actor Rory Cowan, Venezuelan pianist Gabriela Montero
- Rabbi David Wolpe, Sinai Temple
- Digital business development strategist Warren Whitlock, Israeli-American computer scientist Judea Pearl
Many journalists also liked or shared UN Watch’s tweets, including:
- CNN anchor Jake Tapper, Wall St. Journal Editorial Page & editorial page writer Jillian Kaye Melchior, former New York Times opinion editor Bari Weiss, Washington Post columnist & CNN contributor Frida Ghitis, political commentator Ben Shapiro, CBS News correspondent Farrah Fazal, CBS broadcaster John Batchelor, CNN reporter Josh Levs, Bloomberg journalist Katie Roof & Asia newsdesk editor Jihye Lee, Daily Wire reporter Ryan Saavedra, News Deeply CEO & executive editor & former ABC News, Bloomberg TV & International Herald Tribune journalist Lara Setrakian, political commentator Katie Pavlich
- Toronto Sun columnists Lorrie Goldstein & Brian Lilley, National Post journalist Terry Glavin, CBC News host Natasha Fatah, Globe & Mail correspondent Marsha Lederman
- Sky News political correspondent Tamara Cohen
- ARD German TV correspondent Richard C. Schneider, Welt am Sonntag editor-in-chief Johannes Boie & managing editor Antje Schippmann, former Deutsche Welle editor-in-chief Alexander Kudascheff, WeltN24 editor-in-chief Ulf Poschardt, Der Spiegel columnist Jan Fleischhauer, Welt chief correspondent Clemens Wergin
- Sky News Australia hosts Rita Panahi & Sharri Markson, Australian ABC Radio broadcaster Linda Mottram
- Indian columnist & reporter Tavleen Singh, Venezuelan journalist Clavel Rangel
- Jerusalem Post editor-in-chief Yaakov Katz, deputy managing editor Tovah Lazaroff & diplomatic correspondent Lahav Harkov, Jewish Chronicle editor Stephen Pollard & deputy editor Jake Wallis Simons