UN Watch, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, is a unique non-governmental organization that monitors the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter, protects universal human rights, and combats anti-Semitism and anti-Israel prejudice. UN Watch defends democracy dissidents and fights dictatorships and double standards.
UN Watch is seeking to recruit a Geneva Advocacy Director who will head our monitoring of the Human Rights Council, along with other United Nations agencies in Geneva; interact with human rights dissidents, diplomats, UN officials, and NGO representatives on a regular basis; oversee the highly successful UN Watch Internship Program, which trains university students from around the world; write English-language reports, articles, blog posts and press releases; communicate with the media; organize human rights conferences and events; and manage complex advocacy campaigns. The Geneva Advocacy Director will work in the UN Watch office in Geneva under the supervision of the Executive Director, and with an exceptional team of dedicated professionals.
• Master’s Degree or higher in international relations, law, journalism, or related disciplines
• Expert knowledge of international relations
• Advocacy skills including outstanding, publishable-quality English-language writing
• Experience of at least 3 years working in related fields
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Creative self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Superior oral and written communication, strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented, ability and desire to set and reach ambitious goals
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Send CV and cover letter to jobs [at] unwatch.org