- China attaches “great importance” to “promoting and protecting” human rights.
- China has worked actively to “guarantee people’s rights to be informed”, to participate in public affairs, to “express their views” and to “supervise government work.”
- Freedom of religious belief is “fully guaranteed.”
- The “right of ethnic minorities to equal participation” in the management of State and society is guaranteed.
- The Chinese people enjoy more “extensive democratic rights and freedoms” in accordance with the law, and “legal guarantees for human rights”
Watch: Former Political Prisoner Yang Jianli Opposes China Election to UNHRC: